Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin'

  It was an Eeyore kinda day.  It was overcast and trying to spit snow.  The beautiful big snowflakes that everyone loves.  The kids went outside and caught some on their tongues.  Of course I didn't take pictures.  I did some house cleaning and even cleaned the dreaded toy room.  The toy room is downstairs so it's kinda out of sight out of mind.  I can close the door to the laundry room and not have to look at the toy room (which I choose to do because the minute I clean it they throw everything back on the floor.) 

Brandon had to work a half day.  The minute he got home I threw on my running grub and left.  Remember in the first paragraph I said it was spitting snow.  Well by 4:30 it was full on snowing.  I didn't care, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just weak people."- Bill Bowerman
I knew that I needed to run.  The 1st quarter of a mile I was talking myself into turning around.  I kept plugging along and figured I'd see how I felt at a mile and if I needed to I could run back down the hill home.  I got through mile 1 and felt pretty go.  I ran past 3 other runners and thought well at least I'm not the only insane person.  I took a different route then my normal 5 mile run and when I got to a block away from home I was over 5 miles and only a half mile away from 6 miles.  I never thought in my life that I wouldn't be satisfied with running 5 and half miles.  I ended up running 6.1 miles just to say I ran a 10k in the snow.  It wasn't fast it took 58:28 but I paced myself and didn't feel like collapsing when I walked in the door.   

After the run I went to the gym to do a round of the Warrior Dash workout.  I didn't go through each exercise twice just once.  I figured after a 6 mile run I could do half of it. 

I am super excited about the Eisenhower half, they sent me a confirmation email with a map of the course, packet pickup info, stuff that makes it REAL!!  9 weeks and 3 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment