Thursday, March 1, 2012

10 miler

Today Josephine and I went running again.  She is amazing at pushing me and keeping me going.  We went out to Eagle Ridge Trail, a 10 mile trail run.  We started and we both felt great.  As I was going I could definitely tell that I just ran 9 miles less than 48 hours before. 

At around mile 5 she said that this was the end of the trail and the way back was only about a mile.  We both agreed to turn around and go back the way we came.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I ended up walking some of the way back.  But as always Josephine kept pushing me.  We finally got to the end, where we were met by my "Uncle" my dad's best friend from high school.  He runs the trail and keeps it mowed and does the maintenance on the trail.  He told me that the next time we wanted to run it that he would take us the correct way so we get the full 10 miles. 

Josephine and I both did some stretching and then looked at our Garmin's.  We were at nine and half miles.  We both agreed that we needed to get the full 10 miles.  So we took off.  Found a small trail and ran it.  At exactly 10 miles we both started walking.  I believe that we are already ready for the half marathon. Or at least in six weeks we will be amazing and in fabulous shape. 

I am going to run it again before I register for the 10 10 race.  I just want to make sure that I am good and ready to run it.  It will be my last long run before the half marathon.  It's crazy to think that it is already six weeks out! 

Day 8 of lent...Still going strong.  I don't have any meat cravings. 

1 comment: