Friday, March 16, 2012

13, 7, 9

I have been sucked into birthday party decoration making, I've been slacking on my blog.  I've made everything for Miles' party, just have to frost the cakes...which I will do tomorrow after the race. 

My running this week started or ended depending on how you view Sunday.  In our house it is the end of the week, because of how Brandon's schedule is.  It was a bit rainy...ok A LOT rainy Jo, Cate and I headed out.  I felt good.  It was a nice slow pace.  We were talking having a good time, until around mile 9 when the stomach cramps started.  We started running at 1...I had decided to eat breakfast late.  I CAN'T eat and then run.  My stomach just doesn't like it.  I plugged along until mile 10 when I had to walk.  Cate and Jo kept running.  I would hate to be the reason they stopped.  I walked until mile 12 and jogged a bit with a little bit of walking mixed in.  When I got back to Jo's house I was soaked and ready to go home. 

I got home jumped in the shower and left for a baby shower.  It was a great fun to see my dear friends celebrating their baby boy!! 

I took Monday off, my body definitely needed the break.  Tuesday Cleo messaged me and asked if I was up for 7 miles.  HECK YES!!  I didn't eat anything, except almonds and some cheese.  It was a great run.

Yesterday Jo and I decided to do 9 before she leaves for Denmark....which is today =(  We had decided to do it at race pace for our half marathon.  The first mile we did in 8:43....needless to say that was our fastest mile.  We walked and ran.  Did way more running than walking.  When I felt like walking she boosted my confidence by reminding me it is only a mile, and that I can reward myself after the run. 

I am ready for the 10k tomorrow!  I'm hoping to do it in under an hour....We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment