Thursday, March 8, 2012

Granola Bars

A few days I made the post about the Granola Bars I had made and the post was empty.  Everything had disappeared....WEIRD. 

So today I decided to remake the granola bars because someone I ate them all.  So maybe I didn't eat them all.  I shared quite a few with Josie, and the kids and Brandon had their fair share.  I also shared some with my dad.  They are very addicting. 

Today I changed up the recipe from a few days ago.  I added dark chocolate chips...YUMMY
Here's all you need
 4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup peanut butter melted
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
 1 tbsp Flax Seeds
1/2 cup almond slices, or any other nut

you can add anything you'd like
Dry fruit
Chocolate chips
Coconut
seeds
Anything else you want

Preheat your over to 350*
Grease a 9x13 pan
Mix the oats,  honey, chia seeds, flax seeds and nuts and any extras
Add in the peanut butter

You may have to work the dough with your hands to make sure it is nice and moist.  If it isn't just add more honey or peanut butter. 

Press into your pan and bake for 25 minutes


Let them cool for a little bit, the first one you cut into might fall apart. The rest after that come out nicely.  They are so yummy!!  The kids think they are dessert.




1 comment: