Sunday, March 4, 2012

A good run

Last night my dad called and asked if I was going to come out for a run in the morning.  I said of course.  He said we would probably do about 9 miles.  I agreed and said I'd be out at 9ish Sunday morning.

I get out to my parents house and my dad is there with his best friend.  His best friend said we would run about two hours.  It was a bit lot windy, otherwise it was perfect for running.  It was fairly warm, I of course over dressed because I am a chicken and would rather be too hot than too cold.  We went a way I've never been.  At mile 5 we turned around and went back the way we came.  I was feeling pretty good.  We went up this HUGE hill and decided to run around the state lake.

We came to the state lake and had to do some trail running.  We saw the really pretty waterfall.  If I had had my camera I would've taken some pictures.  We keep going and my dad's best friend gets this AMAZING idea for me to some sprint training.  The first two weren't that bad.  But we had already gone nine miles and my quads were KILLING me.  Then he decides to do a sprint up a hill into the wind.  Ummm yea I'm pretty sure my pretty mouth said some ugly words.  We get back to my parents house and we are at 11 and half miles.  I say I'm gonna keep going just to get 12 miles.  So we go a half mile.  I felt amazing.  I'm sure I could have ran another mile.   We finished 12 miles in 2:06 with an average pace of 10:33. 

I finally started party planning for Miles' birthday.  We were going to have it this weekend but I just kept pushing it off.  So I sucked it up and got my act together and we are having a party for Miles on the 18th.  Only a month after his birthday, but at least he will have a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment