Friday, February 4, 2011

Sewing

I like to sew. I don't do it hardly ever. When we moved into my Grandparents house my Grandma had at least 15 sewing machines. She loved to sew. I asked if I could have a sewing machine, and of course no one objected.

We have an entire finished basement that we don't use except for storage and laundry. We have been talking since we moved in about making the family room downstairs into a Toy Room. On Wednesday we went through the toys/books and donated 4 huge trash bags of Toys to Good Will and 2 boxes of books to Good Will and 1 box of books to Lacey's pre-school teacher. There are 2 windows in the Toy Room that need curtains.

We went to Wal-Mart and found the cutest Curious George fabric that was on clearance for $2.50 a yard. I have never ever made curtains before but figured it can't be that hard. So we bought 3 yards of fabric.
The cute fabric

Today I got out the sewing machine and went to town....
The sewing machine


I ironed the fabric
And then went to townHere is the finished product. Super cute Huh?

2 comments:

  1. Katie, these are precious!
    I love the fabric choice!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz!! Lacey found the fabric and that's the one she wanted. I am going to look at some fabric today to make curtains for her room.

    ReplyDelete