Monday, February 28, 2011

Life and Death

On Friday my mom emailed a link to a wonderful website that shows a pair of Bald Eagles and their beautiful nest with 2 eggs. Eagles mate for life, truly a beautiful love story. The male lost his 1st mate during a late winter storm in 2006. Lacey and I watch it daily. We got to witness her laying the 2nd egg. AMAZING!! We now have a corner in the living room that has an Eagle calendar, and a countdown till the eggs hatch. Here is the site http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-eagles. New life being brought into this world.

Other new life I have tons of friends that are expecting!! I love new babies. It really gives me baby fever. I would love more kids but financially it would be stupid....and in all honesty we have a boy and a girl, a perfect family.

Death...every one dies. It sucks. I have lost numerous people. My Great Grandma in 8th grade, my Great Aunt in 2000, my Grandpa in 2001, my brother in 2004, family friends here and there. It breaks my heart. Just seeing other people cry makes me cry.

On Friday I get a text from Brandon, one of the owners of the company he works for died suddenly of a massive heart attack. Now I have only seen Brandon cry twice since we have been together. The 1st time was when his friend lost his wife suddenly, and the 2nd time was when I had Miles.

Brandon came home Friday night and was playing with Miles. He stopped looked at me and said "I don't know if Larry had any kids." And he starts crying. It broke my heart. I didn't know what to say or what to do. I just gave him my shoulder and let him cry.

May you rest in peace Larry. LL&G Christmas Parties will never be the same.

1 comment:

  1. All these babies are exciting.
    We have to take comfort in knowing that the circle of life continues and pray that Larry had a life that he felt fulfilled in.
    Hope you are doing okay!
    Hugs,
    Biz

    ReplyDelete