Saturday, May 26, 2012

Reasons I Run

I read a blog today and the title was "Reasons I Run."  I got to thinking about the reasons I run. 
  1. I run because it makes me feel good
  2. I run because it helps keep my weight in check
  3. I run because it is cheaper than therapy
  4. I run so I can have tranquility 
  5. I run so I am a positive example to my kids
  6. I run so I can see how far I can push myself
  7. I run because it is in my blood
  8. I run because I may just be crazy
  9. I run because it gives me energy
  10. I run to solve my problems
  11. I run to buy new running gear
  12. I run so I can eat all the sweets I want
  13. I run to see the world at a slower pace
  14. I run for me
  15. I run because I CAN
Someday I will not be able to run; Today is not that Day

My run today was pretty crappy.  I ran a fast first mile in 7:43.  I pushed through the pain of my shins, and my calves.  I was hoping for 8 miles.  I ran the 2nd mile in 9 minutes.  I finally gave up and walked knowing that it wasn't going to get better.  At mile 3 I called Brandon and had him come pick me up.  There was no way I could do 5 more miles. 

I am going to take the next couple days off.  I would rather take 2 or 3 days off then have to take 2 or 3 months off for an injury I could have prevented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment