Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big things are happening

The end of April beginning May has been full of great surprises.  Brandon and I have been talking for a couple months about me getting a job that I work more then 6 hours a week.  I love staying at home, but the truth is Lacey is starting Kindergarten in August, and Miles needs other kids his age to play with.  Brandon and I agreed that in July I would start looking.  Paying daycare for two kids would be my entire pay, so it wouldn't be worth working.

Well a couple weeks ago my mom and dad were at a Wedding Shower and they were talking to some friends.  There's a guy named Tom that my parents have known for a long time.  He owns a business here in town.  Well he told my parents that his secretary is moving and that he is looking for someone to work part time.  My mom called me and said "I gave Tom your number, you need to call him."  Well I got his number and the day I was planning on calling him his secretary called me and asked me to come in and interview.

On a Thursday I went in and interview with Kelsey.  We laughed, she asked me questions, I answered with my sarcastic "No I won't clean other people's messes."  Which we both laughed at.  That Saturday I was out running with Jo and Tom happened to run up to us.  He asked me if Kelsey had called me yet, because she really like me and wanted to offer me a job.  Monday Kelsey called and offered me a job.  Told me I would be starting on the 17th of May.

We found daycare for Miles (which has me a bit freaked out.), and then I get a letter from Lacey's school that she has her field trip on the 18th.  I quickly called Kelsey and asked her if there was anyway I could start the following week.  She of course said yes.  So as of Tuesday the 22nd I will be a part time employee for Silo Enterprises, Inc.  Even working part time the pay is enough to cover daycare and stick the rest into savings.  Brandon and I both believe that since we only live with one income that we should continue to do so.  (Lacey will be staying with my parents this summer so we don't have to put her in daycare)
 

What's nice is I will only be working three days a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Leaving Monday and Wednesday as days to do whatever I please.  Brandon is planning on taking Wednesday's off so we will have a day off together without any kids....I wonder what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into?!?!  I will also be able to a Classroom Mom for Lacey's classroom.


This is my last full week of being a Stay At Home Mommy.  It is bittersweet.  It has been a blast the past 3 years.  Watching my babies grow, listening to the bickering EVERYDAY, cleaning the house numerous times a day, not having anything to do but lay around and watch movies, playdates, picnics at the park, I will miss it but I am so excited about the opportunity that God has put before us!

I hope everyone has a great Week!!  I know that I will enjoy it as my last week as a stay at home mom!            

No comments:

Post a Comment