Friday, May 25, 2012

7:30 mile pace

On Thursday Richard, Cleo and I ran together.  Richard is a much faster runner then Cleo and I.  However, Cleo and I thought it would be a good idea to run with Richard on his "slow" day.  His slow is my fast, his fast is flying to me...

When I talked to Richard about it he said we would run 6 miles at an 8 min pace.  I laughed and told him there is no way.  We decided on six at an 8:30 pace.  Fast forward to Thursday morning at 5:30.  We all meet at the Duck Pond and head South on Eisenhower.  UPHILL FOLKS!!  We turn East on Ash with a downhill that we deserved!!  Our pace for the 1st mile was 8:04!  I ran a mile in under 8:30 for the first time in months.  When I started training for the half I quit worrying about pace and just concentrated on mileage. 

We continued on to Jackson where we got to endure another UPHILL!  THANK YOU RICHARD!! We turned West onto Golden Belt and I was a bit ahead of Cleo. At mile 2 our mile was around an 8:10.  Richard thinks mine was faster but who knows....We continued on Golden Belt until Caroline where we got to Beast the Bluffs Hill.  I don't know our time for this I just know it SUCKED!!  We are 2 days later and my legs still feel like Jello. 

While we were running we decided that we will continue to run with Richard on his slow days.  And hopefully we will get faster.  Our goal is to run a 7:30 pace for the Holiday Hustle 5k in December.  Hopefully I will be able to, after a full and another half we shall see. 

Thank you Richard and Cleo for believing in me.  Believing that I can run an 8 min. mile again, pushing me through when I feel like quitting, and for always being there!!  I am truly blessed with amazing running friends.  And a special shout out to Jo!!  She is on vacation and my workouts have sucked without her!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment