Thursday, January 20, 2011

The best news ever!

Brandon and I started dating in April of 2008. Lacey was just 9 months old. Brandon and Lacey bonded instantly. A love that was truly amazing. Brandon loved Lacey long before he loved me. He told us both at the same time that he loved us. A moment I will never forget.

Lacey's biological father left us when Lacey was just 3 weeks old. It almost killed me to watch him walk away. Thinking that I will never find love again. How could anyone walk away from this beautiful baby girl that he helped create? I couldn't imagine.

Brandon has always wanted to adopt Lacey, but my Ex would never sign over his rights. Well in September of 2010 my Ex went to jail for Domestic Violence, Child Endangerment, and Intimidation of a witness. I tried to go speak with him after getting a letter saying he doesn't want to pay child support, he refused to see me. He called me the day after Thanksgiving asking me a bunch of stupid questions, not one of them was about how his daughter was doing. The week of Christmas I got a phone call from my lawyer saying Gene's lawyer had just called and his mom is ready for him to sign over his rights!!

Today we are going to sign the adoption papers! GOD IS GOOD!! This is the best birthday present ever!! It may be 9 days early, but it is the best gift EVER!!

P.S. I am down to 159!!

3 comments:

  1. And now I am bawling like a baby! Congrats Katie, I am so happy for you and your family! God is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so happy for your family! Lacey deserves a father like Brandon! And I'm bawling too lol!:)

    ReplyDelete