Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our Love Story

I am sitting here eating Kix, just laid Miles down and Lacey is finally asleep. As I was checking on Lacey covering her up, I thought about how wonderful my life is. My kids are healthy and happy, my husband is probably one of the greatest men alive. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

I think back 3 years ago when I thought my life was going to end. I found out my husband at the time was having an affair, I had a two month old...my life was falling apart, my world was ending. I thought I was never going to find someone else, never going to be able to fall in love, never find someone who accepted Lacey. I thought I was going to be a single mom the rest of my life. Then to make the wound hurt even more my ex husband and his girlfriend got pregnant.

One day in February in the middle of my pity poor me party my co-worker said "It's time you start dating again, you have been single for 7 months." So I went out a couple times with a guy I met and he turned out to be crazy. A few weeks later in March I went out on a few dates with another guy. I thought he was great, he thought I was great, but his ex-girlfriend didn't think we were great. So back to being single.

On a Friday in April my co-worker said "Today you will give your number to one guy that you think is attractive, a guy who makes you laugh." So my head starts spinning, I know lots of guys and then she said "I triple dog dare you to give your number to the Manager of SS." I looked at her like she was crazy. She knew that I couldn't turn down a triple dog dare, so I wrote my name and number on a piece of paper. The Assistant manager came in instead of the General Manager. PERFECT, I can find out a bit more about him. So I ask the AM, Is he married? Does he have a girlfriend? Does he want a girlfriend? No, No, and an I don't know. So I gave him the sheet of paper and said well tell him to call me.

Friday night I went to a friends wedding and waited all night with my cell phone in hand. No call...I went to bed disappointed, but knew that I would be okay. Saturday morning I got up and went to work. About an hour into work he comes in. Brandon says "Hey Katie, can I talk to you?" And everything starts running through my head, great he doesn't want a girlfriend, he doesn't find me attractive....but instead he said I lost the piece of paper with your number, can I get it again please?" So I wrote it down and gave it to him.

Sunday night he called and we talked till nearly 3 in the morning. We made plans to have lunch Wednesday afternoon during my lunch break. We talked every night on the phone, we made plans for Friday evening. After work he comes over and we watch "Sweeny Todd."

After 2 weeks I introduce him to Lacey. They quickly became inseparable. After watching him with Lacey I knew that there was no way I could let him go. We spent just about every day/night together. His dad flew us out to Martha's Vineyard for our 1st family vacation.

In September my divorce was final!! That meant however that I had to move out of the house that I had been living in for 3 years. Brandon and I decided that Lacey and I would move in with him.

A few weeks after living with him we found out that the company that Brandon works for wanted to transfer him to Ottawa. I knew that I wanted to be with him, and I knew how good this would be for us. I gave notice at my job and told them I would work until the end of January. Brandon had to be in Ottawa by December.

The last week in January we went on a cruise. We had a great time. A nice week spent alone. Doing things neither of us have ever done. Seeing places we have never seen.

We decided after I looked for daycare and a job in Ottawa, that I could be a stay at home mom!! What a blessing. I loved being able to stay at home with my little girl, watch her grow and learn new things.

In April we celebrated our ONE year anniversary. Where the heck had the year gone? Brandon made me the same lunch he made a year earlier.

In late June I found out I was expecting. I was scared and shocked. Brandon said it would be alright. That God has a plan. At 12 weeks we got to see our beautiful creation, at 20 weeks we found out we were expecting a boy! At 23 weeks we got married! At 39 weeks I was induced and had Miles Evan!

In December of '09 Brandon stepped down as GM and became an AM. By doing this we would get to move back to my home town!! By being in my home town I am closer to my family and all of my friends!

I truly have been blessed!!

Every enjoy their Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment