Saturday, July 7, 2012

Freedom Run

I know this is 3 days late, but hey I've been busy!

On Wednesday I got up at 5am.  I think I only slept 2 hours.  I hate race day sleeps.  I am so anxious and excited that I can't sleep! 

My only time goal was a sub 55.  I knew it would be pushing it, being as my shins SUCK!!  They've been feeling fairly good, but I haven't really pushed myself. 

I got to the race and found my dear friends and my dad.  We stretched, walked, talked, did more talking then stretching.  I was feeling good.  We got in line and it was time for the race to start.  I was feeling really good.  The first mile was an 8:05, 2nd mile was an 8:30, 3rd mile was an 8:40, a sub 9 mile, I WAS FEELING GREAT!!   Then mile 4 hit, I hit a wall....My shins were sore, my legs felt good, but I knew there was no way I could finish with my shins acting up. 

I decided to walk, knowing that taking a walking break would help with the pain.  That mile a 10:39 mile.  The 5th mile was a 9:10 mile, the last mile a 9:11 mile.  I finished with a time of 55:48.  I was hoping to PR, but a minute slower isn't all that bad!!  All that matters is I finished. 

I got really emotionally afterwards thinking how a year ago I ran the 5k, and my very 1st race, now a year later I have finished 12 races. 

Me and the Girls after finishing

Me and My Dad
I filled out my Marathon training schedule.  Talk about intimidating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment