Saturday, July 7, 2012

Color Run or shall I say walk

Yesterday was the Color Run in KC.  It was not at all what I expected...It was fun, but it's not something I will ever do ever again.

First packet pick up,  it was from 12 to 9pm.  We got there at 8:45, they tell us to go up the stairs Saturday on one side Sunday on the other.  Once up the stairs both days merge.  The line is forever long.  It took us 45 minutes to get through the line to get my bib number and a shirt.

Saturday morning we get up early, and get on the road at 6:15.  We stayed at my mom in laws house, they live about 30 minutes away from Arrowhead.  We didn't get parked in the Stadium until 7:30.

We make it over to the Starting line, they are releasing 1000 runners every 5 minutes.  Lacey wanted to run with me, so I knew we would run/walk it.  However NO ONE ran!!  The walkers were so thick there was no way to get around them.  We probably got to run the first mile and then we ran through the paint stations.  I did carry her a bit but my baby held her own and was able to walk the majority of it.  




I will say I will cherish the memories of doing it with Lacey forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment