Friday, June 22, 2012

Shin splints for real?!?

It's been a crazy few weeks. 

But my shin pain was of course shin splints, which isn't cured, but when my quads hurt worse than my shins I think we're okay!!  It just takes Aspercreme, ice and a prescription for Aspirin.

 My Mother in law is super sweet and when I told her about my shin pain and how now looking back the cause may be my shoes....you remember my new running shoes back in January?  


Yes the pain has been there since February (Jaw Dropper)....Anywho my Mother in law told me she was going to the bank and putting money in our checking account so I could buy myself a new pair of shoes.  I told her there was no need to that because I was planning on buying a new pair anyway because IT IS TIME!!  But she insisted and said buy 2 new pairs.  So I am going tomorrow with my friend and buying 2 new pair of running shoes.  

Yesterday I was told I am getting a dollar raise at work!! WOOHOO!!  One month at my new job and I'm already getting a raise.  I am loving my job.  It is laid back, fun, and gets me out of the house!!

Well that is all for now.  I have a 7 miler scheduled tomorrow morning at 7, followed by boot camp.  I am also registering for the Freedom Run 10k on the 4th!!  

 


1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME mother-in-law!
    We had a lot of friends who were serious runners in Austin and they always made sure we had the right kind of shoes. Not all running shoes are right for the runner using them.
    I hope your splints feel better soon!
    Congrats on the raise!

    ReplyDelete