Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Slacker

I am slacking horribly on this blog.  I think about it often but by the time I go to write I am ready to go to bed.

I am 2 days out from the marathon and I am nervous, scared, excited, wanna curl up in a ball and cry...All these emotions rolled into one.  I know that I can do it, or that I have the stubbornness to push myself to finish.  Awhile ago I asked someone who I "met" running the Pilgrim Pacer if he was going to be running the KC Marathon.  Bryan said that he would be running.  I was thrilled.  We have talked more since then and we are planning on running together, as long as we can keep up with the other. 

On to other news...the weight.  The weight is creeping on.  I have gained nearly 15lbs since I started marathon training.  I have been to a Dietician and a Dr.  After the marathon I will cut back calories and start doing more then just running.  I know that weight isn't an issue because I am in the best condition of my life.  Starting next week I am going to start weekly weigh ins.  This will help me be more accountable.

I knew that I was crazy when I signed up for the marathon, but my craziness has expanded.  My goal for next year is completing the Heartland Series.  The Heartland Series is 3 halves in 4 weeks, but since I'm crazier than that I'm planning on doing either 4 halves in 4 weeks or 3 halves and 1 full in 4 weeks.  How the schedule will work April 13 Rock the Park half, April 20 Garmin half or full, April 21 Kansas half, April 27 Warrior Dash,  May 12 Running with the cows half. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to run the marathon with you!! I'l try to keep up! As for the weight, it is counter-intutive, but generally marathon training causes weight gain. After my fall races I plan to cut back my mileage and focus more on strength training and shorter runs because I need to get my weight down, I've gained a bunch back over the last year. You'll do great at the marathon & at your spring races!

    ReplyDelete